The Extremely Brave Mr Fox

On the 5th of May 4B started reading Fantastic Mr Fox as a class book for some of the term. Everyone had to vote for a Roald Dahl book. Most people voted for this book.

‘Down in the valley, there were three farms. The owners of these farms had done well.

– Roald Dahl, Fantastic Mr Fox, Ch. 1

I can smell these goons from a mile away. I can smell one from the other.

– Roald Dahl, Fantastic Mr Fox, Ch. 3

The owners of these farms had done well because they had earned themselves a lot of money to get what they wanted.

After reading chapters 1-4 what are some inferences can you make from the three farmers?

Why do you think Mr Fox was always especially carful when coming out of his hole?

“It will never grow again,” said Mr. Fox ” I she’ll be tail – less for the rest of my life.” He looked very glum. What does glum mean?

Fantastic Mr Fox could smell the goons from a mile away because all of them at descusting food that they ate. Farmer Bean drank Apple cider, farmer Bunts ate donuts with goose and the third farmer ate something that you don’t want to know.

Some inferences about these farmers are they are greedy, descusting one is fat one is short and one is lean.

Mr Fox was especially carful when he left his burrow because the last time he went out he lost his tale one of the farmer shot it.

Mr Fox was feeling very glum when he got his tale shot off. I think glum means that Mr Fox was very sad because his tale will not grow back.

20150505-105131.jpg